Sunday, December 13, 2015

BANG BANG BABY: A CD Review

I haven’t heard about this movie until I found out about the original soundtrack. The plot, according to IMDB, goes like this: “A small town teenager in the 1960s believes her dreams of becoming a famous singer will come true when her rock star idol gets stranded in town. But a leak in a nearby chemical plant that is believed to be causing mass mutations threatens to turn her dream into a nightmare.” Well, a 60’s sci-fi musical is something I might enjoy.

As for the soundtrack, well it’s isn’t my cup of tea. The songs sound like they were written in the 60s, the kind Nancy Sinatra (“Juniper Lane”) could sing or even Elvis Presley (“Lonely Arms”). Anyway, I confess I prefer the instrumental tracks like “Something Amazing”, “Human Mutations” and “Bobby Leaves”.
Jane Levy plays the teenager girl and sings in a tedious voice that doesn’t help the songs. Dave Wall sings the title song as a kind of Elvis impersonator who doesn’t take himself seriously.

You get it, I didn’t like it, but the truth is this isn’t exactly the kind of stuff I enjoy. Anyway, I believe people who love the 60’s sounds may like this soundtrack and the instrumental music by Darren Fung is good.

Rate: 1 (from 1 to 10)


No comments:

Post a Comment