Sunday, January 15, 2012

CD OF THE WEEK: INTO THE WOODS


Since I was child that I love fairy tales and Stephen Sondheim is one of my favorite composers, so its no wonder that I fell in love with this score since the first time I heard it.

This is probably Sondheim’s most accessible score and, although it may not have the genius of SWEENEY TODD or COMPANY, the truth is that I prefer it to those distinguished scores.

The original Broadway cast is excellent, but this London recording has more feeling, atmosphere and is more theatrical. The cast couldn’t be better and among my favorite moments there’s “It Takes Two”, “Our Little World” (specially written for this London production) and “Moments in the Woods”.

Please accept this invitation and “go into the woods” and be “happy ever after”.


No comments:

Post a Comment